Assoc. Prof. Dr. Gülüm Özçelik of Faculty of Law has been awarded Jean Monnet Module of the European Commission for her project on “European and International Migration Law”. The project which is one of the 251 successful projects out of 1315 world-wide applications includes undergraduate and graduate courses as well as national and international conferences on migration for a three year period. It aims to establish an in depth teaching, research and discussion environment on the legal aspects of migration and includes distribution of Jean Monnet Certificates to students who pass the courses within the scope of the Module. The Project is the first law project of Bilkent University funded by the European Union.
Jean Monnet Module Award
- Dr. Halil I. Okur Receives the 9th MSCA-IF Grant from Bilke... — Asst. Prof. Halil I. Okur of the Department of Chemistry and UNAM has been awarded a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action (MSCA) Individual Fellowship grant for two years. The MSCA program, an initiative of the European Commission, provides grants for all stages of researchers’ careers and encourages transnational, intersectoral and interdisciplinary mobility. This is the ninth such [...]
- Dr. Bahar Değirmenci-Uzun Receives EMBO Grant — Dr. Bahar Değirmenci-Uzun of the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics has been awarded a European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) Installation Grant. She is among nine scientists who have been selected to receive the grant this year. The objective of the EMBO Installation Grants is to support young scientists working in the life sciences and [...]
- Newton Fund Advanced Fellowship Project to Molecular Biolog... — Dr. Onur Çizmecioğlu of Molecular Biology Department has been awarded Newton Fund Advanced Fellowship of the Royal Society for his project on “Phosphoproteomic elucidation of unique molecular targets of ubiquitious Class IA PI3K isoforms and their tumour mutants”. This joint project proposal aims to identify ‘the accomplices’ (i.e. protein targets) of the PI3Ks in cancer [...]
- Serim Ilday Receives ERC Grant — Prof. Serim Ilday of Bilkent UNAM is awarded European Research Council (ERC) Starting Grant to support her research in the field of condensed matter physics. She has been granted EUR 1,5 million over the next five years to explore complexity of dynamic adaptive systems. She will be using the EU funds to address a profoundly [...]
- Bilkent Faculty Receive 2019 TÜBİTAK Awards — Three Bilkent University faculty members have been recognized by the Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK). Prof. Dr. Erdal Arıkan of Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has received TÜBİTAK Science Award, Asst. Prof. Dr. Emine Ülkü Sarıtaş Çukur of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Asst. Prof. Dr. Gül Günaydın of [...]