Assoc. Prof. Dr. Gülüm Özçelik of Faculty of Law has been awarded Jean Monnet Module of the European Commission for her project on “European and International Migration Law”. The project which is one of the 251 successful projects out of 1315 world-wide applications includes undergraduate and graduate courses as well as national and international conferences on migration for a three year period. It aims to establish an in depth teaching, research and discussion environment on the legal aspects of migration and includes distribution of Jean Monnet Certificates to students who pass the courses within the scope of the Module. The Project is the first law project of Bilkent University funded by the European Union.
Jean Monnet Module Award
- Serim Ilday Receives ERC Grant — Prof. Serim Ilday of Bilkent UNAM is awarded European Research Council (ERC) Starting Grant to support her research in the field of condensed matter physics. She has been granted EUR 1,5 million over the next five years to explore complexity of dynamic adaptive systems. She will be using the EU funds to address a profoundly [...]
- Bilkent Faculty Receive 2019 TÜBİTAK Awards — Three Bilkent University faculty members have been recognized by the Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK). Prof. Dr. Erdal Arıkan of Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has received TÜBİTAK Science Award, Asst. Prof. Dr. Emine Ülkü Sarıtaş Çukur of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Asst. Prof. Dr. Gül Günaydın of [...]
- Bilkent Faculty Receive 2019 BAGEP Awards — Six Bilkent faculty members have received Distinguished Young Scientist (BAGEP) awards for 2019. The awards are given by the Science Academy Association (Bilim Akademisi Derneği), established in 2011 “to promote, practice and uphold the principles of scientific merit, freedom and integrity.” The objective of the BAGEP program is to recognize highly promising young scientists and [...]
- Dr. Kemal Yıldız Receives Bilkent University’s 8th MSCA-IF ... — On the basis of 2018 call evaluations, Dr. Kemal Yıldız from Economics department has been awarded MSCA global fellowship grant for three years. This global fellowship project will be jointly carried out in Bilkent University and Princeton University. Memory limitations lie at the core of how agents store past experiences and make decisions. For example, [...]
- Mustafa Parlar Awards Presented to Bilkent Faculty — Every year, the Middle East Technical University Parlar Foundation recognizes the achievements of scientists and scholars from a variety of fields for their exceptional research productivity, in honor of the late METU professor Mustafa Parlar. This year, five Bilkent faculty members are recipients of METU Prof. Dr. Mustafa Parlar Foundation Research Incentive Awards. They are: [...]