Assoc. Prof. Dr. Gülüm Özçelik of Faculty of Law has been awarded Jean Monnet Module of the European Commission for her project on “European and International Migration Law”. The project which is one of the 251 successful projects out of 1315 world-wide applications includes undergraduate and graduate courses as well as national and international conferences on migration for a three year period. It aims to establish an in depth teaching, research and discussion environment on the legal aspects of migration and includes distribution of Jean Monnet Certificates to students who pass the courses within the scope of the Module. The Project is the first law project of Bilkent University funded by the European Union.
Jean Monnet Module Award
- Dr. Serkan Belkaya Receives EMBO Grant — Dr. Serkan Belkaya of the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics has been awarded a European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) Installation Grant. He is among eight scientists who have been selected to receive the grant this year. The objective of the EMBO Installation Grants is to support young scientists working in the life sciences and [...]
- European Research Council Awarded Proof of Concept Grant to... — Bilkent University Faculty of Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, Faculty of Science, Physics Department, Neuroscience Program and Bilkent UNAM Faculty Member Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ömer İlday has received a European Research Council Proof of Concept Grant. The ERC Proof of Concept funding is made available only to those who already have an ERC award [...]
- Bilkent Faculty Receive 2020 TÜBİTAK Awards — Three Bilkent University faculty members have been recognized by the Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK). Prof. Dr. Hilmi Volkan Demir Professor and Director of Bilkent UNAM, Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Department of Physics, Bilkent University has received TÜBİTAK Science Award, Dr. Bilge Baytekin and Dr. Ferdi Karadaş of [...]
- Dr. Alev Çınar Receives Bilkent University’s 10th MSCA-IF G... — On the basis of 2019 call evaluations, Dr. Alev Çınar from Political Science and Public Administration department has been awarded MSCA global fellowship grant for three years. This global fellowship project titled “The Islamic Intellectual Field and Political Theorizing in Turkey: Toward an Anthropology of Political Thought” will be jointly carried out in Bilkent University [...]
- Dr. Halil I. Okur Receives the 9th MSCA-IF Grant from Bilke... — Asst. Prof. Halil I. Okur of the Department of Chemistry and UNAM has been awarded a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action (MSCA) Individual Fellowship grant for two years. The MSCA program, an initiative of the European Commission, provides grants for all stages of researchers’ careers and encourages transnational, intersectoral and interdisciplinary mobility. This is the ninth such [...]