Bilkent University Technology Transfer Office (Bilkent TTO) was established on October 1st 2013 by incorporating Office of Sponsored Projects Office, active within the university since 2002, as Project Support Unit.
Within the call of TÜBİTAK 1513 – Technology Transfer Office Support Program in 2013, Bilkent University was awarded with the grant as of January 1st, 2014. As of the this date;
- A total of 30 info-days, 20 trainings and 1 workshop have been conducted in year 2014 aiming at students and faculty members. 2625 participants have attended to these activities.
- A total of 28 info-days, 9 trainings and 1 workshop have been conducted in year 2014 aiming at students and faculty members. 1625 participants have attended to these activities.
- The performance indicators of Bilkent University between years of 2005 and 2015 are shown in the tables below.
- In 2015, 48% more successful projects with TUBITAK and 32% more projects in total were carried out, compared to 2014. When compared to 2013 these ratios are observed to be 125% and 69%.
- If the last decade is evaluated, it can be observed that the year 2015 has been the most successful year among all with 108 TUBİTAK, 36 other and 3 EU projects, which sum up to a total 147 projects.
- One may clearly observe that the increase in the percentage of the project budgets is higher that the increase in the project count showing that our researchers are taking part in more qualified and higher budget projects with better yield.
- As of 2014; Intellectual Property Application – Form numbers are;
•31 National Application
•3 National Form
•13 International Application
•28 International Form
- Bilkent TTO works in collaboration with Cyberpark.