Dr. Serkan Göktuna graduated from the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics at Middle East Technical University in 2003. He obtained his MS degree in Biological Sciences and Bioengineering at Sabancı University in 2005 and his PhD degree in Human Biology at Technical University of Munich in 2010. His PhD work with Prof. Florian Greten earned him 3 CellPress publications (Greten et al. 2007, Cell; Schwitalla et al. 2103 Cell; Göktuna et al. 2014 Cell Reports) and expertise in in vivo mouse models of tumorigenesis. Then he moved to Belgium to do Postdoctoral research on IKK-related kinases in colorectal tumorigenesis under Dr. Alain Chariot’s supervision. Dr. Göktuna is a recipient of the Fonds Leon Fredericq (FLF) research grant and numerous other fellowships during his educational and research years (METU and TÜBİTAK Basic Sciences Scholarship, Sabancı University Graduate Scholarship and Assistantship, TÜBİTAK 2213, WELBIO and FNRS Postdoctoral Fellowships and TÜBİTAK 2232 Career Integration Fellowship). In March 2015, he started a new assistant professorship position in the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics at Bilkent University. He has currently 11 peer reviewed publications in internationally high ranking journals like Cell, Cancer Research, Journal of Experimental Medicine, Cell Reports, Nature Communications, Cell Death and Differentiation, and Journal of Immunology. He has received TÜBA (Turkish Academy of Sciences) Outstanding Young Scientist Award (GEBİP) in 2016 and Bilim Akademisi Young Scientist Award (BAGEP) in 2017. He also obtained ARDEB 3501, and two ARDEB 1001 grants from TÜBİTAK to continue his research.
Home » Dr. Serkan Göktuna
Dr. Serkan Göktuna
- • Our MS student Erta Xhafa has successfully defended her thesis!
- • Dr. Chau and Dr. Göktuna were co-authored in a review article published in Gene!
- • Our MS student Suat Tüçer has successfully defended his thesis!
- • Göktuna et al. published a review article in TUJNS!
- • Dr.Göktuna’s research article was published in Turkish Journal of Biology!
- •Dr.Göktuna’s review article was published in the FEBS Journal!
- • Our ARDEB 1001 project application has been funded by TÜBİTAK
- • Open Positions for PhD students
- • Dr. Göktuna has received Science Academy’s Young Scientist Award of the year 2017
- • Dr. Göktuna has attended The Outstanding Young Scientist Award Ceremony in the Presidential Complex