The program is going to offer Master’s of Science degree in Neuroscience.
Admission: All applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree in science or engineering or psychology or medicine or a related field. Evaluation of applicants is based on their ALES (Akademik Personel ve Lisansüstü Eğitimi Giriş Sınavı – Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Examination) scores, past academic records, reference letters and an interview. Applicants who are not Turkish citizens and Turkish citizen applicants who are residents of another country may take GRE instead of ALES. All non-native speakers of English are required to submit a proof of satisfactory knowledge of English.
Degree Requirements: In addition to at least 21 credit units of course work, the M.S. degree candidate must prepare and successfully defend a thesis. Expected duration to complete the M.S. program is four semesters; the maximum duration is six semesters.
The program will include the following areas:
- Systems neuroscience
- Cellular and molecular neuroscience
- Developmental neuroscience
- Behavioral neuroscience
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Mathematical and computational modeling in neuroscience
- Neuroscience in sensory and motor systems
- Neuroscience in higher order cognitive functions; decision making, memory, attention, language
- Neuroimaging and biomedical engineering
- Genetical origins of neural systems
- Visual neuroscience
- Imaging genomics
- Neural networks
- Social neuroscience
- Aging neuroscience
- Neuroscience in learning and memory
- Artificial intelligence
The program will comprise the following disciplines:
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Materials Science and Nanotechnology
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The descriptions provided here for different elective course groups are only for guidance. The complete list of courses in each elective group are given in the electronic registration system.
Elective Courses: Selected 5XX or higher level courses with at least 3 credits offered by different departments.Restricted Elective Courses: Selected 5XX or higher level CS, EEE, IE, LAW, MBG, ME, MSN, NSC, PHYS and PSYC coded courses with at least 3 credits.